BevCanna Enterprises Inc. (CSE: BEV) (OTCQB: BVNNF) (FSE: 7BC) is a diversified health & wellness beverage and natural products company focused on developing and manufacturing a range of plant-based and cannabinoid beverages and supplements for both in-house brands and white-label clients. The BevCanna team boasts decades of experience creating, manufacturing and distributing iconic brands that resonate with consumers on a global scale.
BevCanna’s distribution network features more than 3,000 points of retail distribution through the company’s market-leading TRACE brand, its Pure Therapy natural health and wellness e-commerce platform, its fully licensed Canadian cannabis manufacturing and distribution network and its partnership with #1 U.S. cannabis beverage company Keef Brands.
Based in British Columbia, Canada, BevCanna was founded in 2017.
End-to-End Turnkey Beverage Manufacturing Solutions
BevCanna is a manufacturer of traditional and cannabis-infused beverage brands serving a growing roster of white-label clients, in addition to operating a portfolio of in-house and partner brands. The company offers a full-service white label beverage manufacturing solution.
- Processing – At its state-of-the-art beverage manufacturing facility, BevCanna partners with industry leaders specializing in crude extraction, refinement, purification and solubility conversion to provide high-quality water-immiscible emulsions that maximize bioavailability, clarity and taste.
- Spring Water – BevCanna directly owns a pristine naturally alkaline spring water aquifer in British Columbia.
- Product Development – BevCanna leverages its expertise to develop captivating flavors based on category and consumer insights in order to enhance product positioning.
- Packaging – A variety of packaging options are offered by BevCanna, including beverage and nutraceutical formats such as PET, aluminum and glass, available in a variety of standard and custom sizes and shapes.
- Beverage Manufacturing: Traditional & Cannabis Facilities – The company’s 40,000-square-foot beverage manufacturing facility is HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Certified. The facility’s capabilities include blow molding, dosing, carbonation options, filling and capping, pressure sensitive and shrink-sleeve label applications, flash pasteurization, QA testing and packing/palletizing for shipment.
Pure Therapy, TRACE and Partner Brands
Pure Therapy is a direct-to-consumer e-commerce brand that markets a range of natural health products, including nutraceuticals and hemp-based cannabidiol (CBD) products, throughout North America and Western Europe.
Pure Therapy has secured orders from over 23,000 customers since its inception in 2017. BevCanna expects strong growth through Pure Therapy over the next 12 months driven by new product integration, accelerated growth of existing products and its marketing team’s e-commerce expertise.
TRACE products feature the Naturo Group’s proprietary plant-based fulvic and humic mineral formula, sourced from deep within the Rocky Mountains of interior British Columbia. These unique and ancient minerals provide wellness properties that include iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium and many other minerals no longer found in our food chain at adequate levels.
Research suggests that the proprietary fulvic and humic organic compounds found in TRACE products could offer a number of key benefits, including promoting gut health, immune function, cognitive performance and whole-body wellness.
TRACE products include Natural Alkaline Spring Water, Plant-Based Mineralized Spring Water, Natural Flavor Sparkling Spring Water, Plant-Based Mineral Concentrate with Vitamin D and Plant-Based Mineralized Immune Support Shots.
In addition to its in-house brands, BevCanna provides white-label services to a number of partners in its space. BevCanna’s current portfolio of brand partnerships includes #1 U.S. cannabis beverage brand Keef (cannabis-infused classic soda) and BLOOM (live resin & high-end extracts). BevCanna also has multiple white label agreements to co-manufacture branded beverages.
Market Outlook for Cannabis-Infused Beverages
In 2018, the cannabis-infused beverage market was valued at $901.8 million. The market is expected to grow during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025 at a CAGR of 17.8%, resulting in a market value in excess of $2.84 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research (https://ibn.fm/VkJfH).
The projected growth is largely attributed to the legalization of recreational and medical marijuana in multiple jurisdictions. Cannabis-infused beverages are uniquely positioned to provide an alternative to a large portion of the edibles market, including items such as chocolates, cookies, gummies and other types of confectionery pieces.
Marcello Leone is the CEO and Founder of BevCanna. He is also the founder of Naturo Group and the TRACE brand.
John Campbell is the CFO and CSO of BevCanna. He has over 30 years of experience in the investment industry, including time with TriView Capital Ltd.
Keith Dolo is the company’s Executive Management Advisor, having previously served as CEO and Executive Chairman of Sproutly Inc. Previously, he served for over 13 years with Robert Half (NYSE: RHI), an S&P 500 company, specifically in the role of Vice President for the last eight years.
Melise Panetta is the company’s President. She is an accomplished senior marketing and sales executive with extensive experience leading organizations such as SC Johnson, General Mills (NYSE: GIS) and PepsiCo (NASDAQ: PEP). Ms. Panetta has nearly 15 years of deep marketing and sales expertise.
Raffael Kapusty is the company’s Vice President of Sales & Insights. She is an accomplished CPG industry leader with more than 25 years of experience in both the Canadian and U.S. retail spaces. With a solid foundation at ACNielsen Canada (NYSE: NLSN), Ms. Kapusty has developed a deep understanding of the CPG space, working with over 100 leading Canadian & global CPG manufacturers. She has also held senior category and key account management roles at Kroger (NYSE: KR), SC Johnson and Unilever Canada (NYSE: UL).
Bill Niarchos is the company’s Vice President of Sales & Sales Operations. He has over 20 years of experience in the CPG goods industry/retail environment. In his most recent role as Director of Sales with Bayer Consumer Health, Mr. Niarchos managed the strategic direction and growth of Loblaw & SDM. Prior to his position with Bayer (ETR: BAYN), Mr. Niarchos held a number of progressive roles at Colgate Palmolive (NYSE: CL) for more than 14 years.
Japheth Noah is the company’s Head of Quality Assurance. He is an Oxford and MIT educated quality and regulatory manager with over 15 years of experience in the beverage, pharmaceutical, natural health and medical industries.
Keith Stride is the company’s Creative Director. He has 25 years of experience in marketing and advertising, including time in a CMO role with Hemptown USA. Mr. Stride is internationally recognized for building high-profile brands, including Rogers (NYSE: RCI), TD Bank (NYSE: TD), Best Buy (NYSE: BBY), Whistler-Blackcomb and RBC (NYSE: RY).
- The BevCanna team has decades of combined experience creating, branding and manufacturing iconic brands that resonate with consumers on a global scale.
- BevCanna owns and operates world class infrastructure, including a 40,000-square-foot, HACCP certified manufacturing facility with a current bottling capacity of up to 210 million bottles per year for both traditional and cannabis-infused beverages, and an alkaline spring water aquifer located onsite.
- The company delivers a diverse portfolio of beverages and nutraceuticals for both in-house brands and white labeled products.
- BevCanna leverages a proven direct-to-consumer e-commerce strategy to sell a range of natural health products throughout North America and Western Europe.
- The company has provided strong revenue guidance through multiple streams, including white labeling, joint-ventures, licensing, brand building and e-commerce direct to consumer.