- Lexaria Bioscience Corp. and its patented DehydraTECH technology promote a more effective, less expensive form of oral drug delivery evaluated thoroughly in vivo, in vitro, and human clinical testing
- DehydraTECH is sub-licensed to other companies in select countries, and is in close collaboration with the largest R&D organization in Canada, the National Research Council, since January 2017
- The technology is suitable for use with a wide range of product formats, including pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, consumer packaged goods, and over-the-counter (“OTC”) capsules, pills, tablets, and oral suspensions
- DehydraTECH-enabled drugs offer multiple benefits, including faster delivery, increased bioavailability, increased brain absorption, improved drug potency, reduced administration costs, and masking unwanted taste without the use of additional sweeteners.
As an innovator of drug delivery methods, Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX) and its patented DehydraTECH are improving the speed and efficiency of orally delivered fat-soluble active molecules and drugs. Lexaria Bioscience is advancing its IP for transforming existing consumer products and medications that may improve availability and bioavailability. DehydraTECH promotes a more effective, less expensive form of oral drug delivery evaluated thoroughly in vivo, in vitro, and human clinical testing.
Lexaria Bioscience operates four subsidiary companies focused on different commercial opportunities within their respective industries – Lexaria Pharma Corp., Lexaria Nicotine Corp. (16.67% owned by Altria Ventures Inc.), Lexaria Hemp Corp., and Lexaria Canpharm Corp. The DehydraTECH technology is also sub-licensed to other companies in select countries. The Company also has a collaborative research agreement with the National Research Council (“NRC”), Canada’s premier research and technology organization.
Lexaria Pharma Corp. – investigates new products for high blood pressure (hypertension), antiviral therapy, and other drug classes.
Lexaria Nicotine Corp. – investigates oral non-combusted tobacco-derived nicotine product formats.
Lexaria Hemp Corp. – pursues business-to-business (“B2B”) opportunities, with cannabinoids like cannabidiol (“CBD”).
Lexaria Canpharm Corp. – operates a state-of-the-art Health Canada-licensed laboratory that can develop novel psychotropic cannabinoid formulations for commercialization in sectors where it is federally legal.
The DehydraTECH technology is suitable for use with a wide range of product formats. These include pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, consumer packaged goods, and over-the-counter (“OTC”) capsules, pills, tablets, and oral suspensions. The technology was specifically designed for formulating and delivering lipophilic (fat-soluble) drugs and active ingredients into a more easily absorbable format, allowing them to enter the bloodstream more quickly and effectively.
The use of DehydraTECH-enabled drugs or consumer products offers the following benefits:
- Speeds up delivery: effects can be felt by consumers in a matter of minutes
- Increases bioavailability: more effective at delivering drug or product into the consumer’s bloodstream
- Increases brain absorption: animal testing has suggested significant improvement in the quality of the drug delivered across the blood-brain barrier
- Improves drug potency: more of the ingested product is made available to the body, requiring lower dosages to achieve the desired effects
- Reduces drug administration costs: lower dosages mean overall lower drug costs
- Masks unwanted taste: technology eliminates or reduces the need for sweeteners
Since 2016, DehydraTECH has repeatedly demonstrated, with cannabinoids and nicotine, the ability to increase bio-absorption by up to five to ten times, reducing the onset time from one to two hours to just minutes – masking unwanted tastes. The technology will be further evaluated for additional orally administered bioactive molecules, including antivirals, cannabinoids, vitamins, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (“NSAIDs”), and nicotine.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://cnw.fm/LEXX
HempWire (HW) is a dedicated information provider focused on (1) aggregating hemp-related news, (2) issuing HempNewsBreaks designed to update investors on the latest developments in the hemp market, (3) enhancing corporate news releases, (4) providing full-service distribution and social media offerings to public and private client-partners and (5) designing and implementing all-inclusive corporate communication solutions. HW is strategically positioned within the rapidly expanding hemp sector with a team of journalists working to help a growing roster of public and private companies reach a wide audience of investors, consumers and members of the media. We leverage a vast network of more than 5,000 key syndication outlets to deliver unparalleled visibility, recognition and content to the hemp industry. HempWire (HW) is where HEMP news, content and information converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts, text HEMPWIRE to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information please visit https://www.HempWire.com
Do you have a questions or are you interested in working with HW? Ask our Editor
HempWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.